REVIEW | Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


I picked up Rimmel's newest foundation from Ulta! This retails for $4.99 at Ulta, Walmart, Target, and other drugstores. Definitely on the cheap side for drugstore foundations.


Let's get in to the review!





I picked up the shade 091 "Light Ivory". I'm an NC20 in MAC and I found this was closest match to my skin tone. This shade has a neutral undertone. The other lightest shade in 010 Light Porcelain was too pink for me.



091 Light Ivory Heavy Swatch (Left) Blended Out (Right)




The texture of this foundation, much like the name suggests, is a thick mousse texture, but is very blendable and  is light on the skin.


The coverage is amazing! It's a high medium to full coverage on me. It's very comparable to the coverage of the CoverGirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in the coverage. The Rimmel foundation is more matte and thicker. However, if you do have larger pores, I recommend patting in on the skin instead of a brush, it can emphasize the look of your pores.


This foundation stayed completely matte for about 6 hours before I needed to blot and reapply powder. I didn't notice any wear until about 9 or 10 hours. This is quickly becoming my HolyGrail drugstore foundation.


 I highly recommend this foundation for those of us with oily or normal skin. Those of you with dry skin, it may cling to your dry patches.


The packaging is nice as well. It is 1 fl oz and comes in a squeeze tube.



Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation



NEED IT!
4.0/5



Comments