However, hair masks can be very costly and can have lots of added chemicals and parabens that aren't good for your hair. I have found that using Coconut Oil as a hair mask adds a lot of moisture and leaves your hair incredibly soft!
- Take a bit of the Coconut Oil, I use Walmart's Spring Valley Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Rub the solid in your hands to heat it up into an oil form
- Rub the oil to the dry or damaged parts of your hair
- If you have long hair I recommend tying it up into a loose bun
- Leave the oil in for an extended period of time, I try for 8-12 hours
- Rinse the oil thoroughly from your hair with shampoo
The Spring Valley Organic Coconut Oil from Walmart is 12 oz, which will last you FOREVER, and retails for around $9.98. Walmart also sells the Spectrum Naturals: Organic Coconut Oil which is 14 oz and retails for around $6.98. Both are great options.
While coconut oil will soften brittle or dry hair, it is not a repairing mask.