Review | Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara


Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara



I have always been a fan of the Volum' Express Mascara line from Maybelline. I absolutely love the Falsies, so I figured I would try out the Colossal Volum' Express. I always buy the waterproof formula, it holds a curl better, and with my oily skin, it stays on better without transfer.


Let's get in to the review!








The Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara claims to give you 7x the volume without the clumps. I agree with them about the clumps, I saw no clumping what so ever with this mascara, even with 2 or 3 coats. However, I saw less volume with this mascara than I did with the Falsies, and there was very little to no lash definition.


The shade I purchased, 241 "Classic Black" wasn't as dark and intense of a black as I prefer. And I did notice some transfer at the top of my eyelid after about 8 or 9 hours.


The wand is pretty large and has even length bristles around the entire wand. For those of us with small eyes, it's difficult to get the bottom lashes coated without transferring or smudging it.






Overall, this isn't my favorite Maybelline mascara. It provides descent volume but no lengthening, and is just ok with lash definition. It's a very natural looking mascara. I'd recommend the Maybelline Falsies mascara over this and there are better drugstore mascaras out there.


LEAVE IT!
3.0/5





Comments