Review | Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder


Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder

I recently picked up the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Correcting Powder during Target's BOGO Free on Physicians Formula sale. I have been looking for a paraben free translucent powder, and I came across this one. This retailed for $12.79 at my local Target.


Let's get in to the review!



I picked up the shade "Translucent". There are 4 shades available; Translucent, Creamy Natural, Buff Beige, and Natural Beige. Translucent being the lightest. The powder is a swirl of green, pink, yellow, and an off white cream color. The Translucent shade is perfect for those of us with fair skin to highlight and contour with!


The powder claims to be a 3-in-1 corrector, primer, and powder. And also claims that "this versatile powder color corrects the most common skin imperfections, smoothes skin texture and evens out skin tone."


Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder


As far as color correcting, I find it does even out my skin tone slightly and reduces the redness I have in my face that appears with my acne scarring. The powder adds a beautiful finish to the skin, not exactly matte, but a natural satin finish. Being a lighter shade, it brightened up my face so that the shade of my face actually matched the rest of my body. As for being a primer, I would still use a primer underneath, as this did tend to settle into the fine lines around my mouth.


Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder


Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder Swatch


Something I wasn't expecting, this actually did a very good job at controlling the oil on my face! The texture is very soft and blends easily onto the skin.


However, be careful not to add too much powder or your face can look a little cakey and too dry, which even on my oily skin was apparent after hours of wear.


There's no fragrance to this product, but the packaging is a little bulky, as are most Physicians Formula products. It comes with a mirror and a brush, which I never use. And also, like most Physicians Formula powders, I've found it can kick up a lot of powder if you're not careful.


Overall


I do really like this product. It doesn't cause any acne breakouts, it adds a brightening effect to the skin, and it's paraben free! I recommend it for those who are looking for a good finishing or setting powder or an overall face powder. It will suit those with fair skin the best, but not for those of you with dark complexions or dry skin, it will emphasize the dryness.

This product retails for between $12.79 at Target and Walmart, to around $13.99 at Ulta, Walgreens, Physiciansformula.com and other mass retailers that carry the brand.


NEED IT!
3.75/5




Comments