Makeup Products Not Worth The Hype!


This is a popular Youtube Tag that I've always wanted to do! Basically, here is a list of a few makeup products I don't think quite live up the hype and the praise people have given them. Not necessarily that these are bad products, but for particular reasons, I don't think they're worth buying.


These are in no particular order.


#1
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer ($5.99, All Shades)


I don't find that this concealer is worth the hype it gets at being the best drugstore concealer. This creases and emphasizes the fine lines underneath my eyes. And forget applying it with a brush, it's streaky. It is paraben-free, but it's not worth the fuss. Try the Maybelline Fit Me! or the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer instead.



#2
Maybelline Color Tattoos ($6.99, All Shades)


Now this may come as a total shock to most, as this is a very much loved product, but I just do not like these. The texture is good when you first get them, but they dry out very quickly and once they become hard they are impossible to apply on the eyes easily. I love the color selection, but the horrible shelf life kills them for me.



#3
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" ($20)


I must say, I was extremely hesitant to buy this product in the first place. But I've heard such great reviews and raves about it, I figured I would give it a shot. The formula is phenomenal, its very creamy and easy to apply to the lid, and it doesn't crease! My only gripe about this product is this shade in particular, "Soft Ochre". This shade didn't really make my eye shadows stand out anymore than they would have without an eye shadow base. The other shades are beautiful and I would highly recommend. I love these so much more than the Maybelline Color Tattoos, they don't dry out nearly as quickly.



#4
Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer in "Reserve Your Cabana" ($3.99)


I have heard nothing but positive and amazing things about this "bronzer". It's the lightest shade, so everyone uses it as a highlighter. Many people have said this is a dupe for the LORAC "Spotlight" highlighter. No ma'am. I know this is supposed to provide a subtle highlight but this did absolutely nothing! I couldn't see any sparkle or highlight to my skin when I applied this, maybe a little reflective quality, but that's it. And I'm pretty certain it caused me to break out. Try the Hard Candy Bronzer in "Tiki" or the NYX Highlighters over this.



#5 

If you're first starting out with makeup and haven't checked out MAC, many people recommend this as a great must have product by MAC. I disagree. It is a nice every day powder for finishing off the skin or as a light powder foundation. But for $32!??! There are so many other powders that do the exact same thing for so much less! I didn't see anything special about this powder to make me need or want to repurchase it. Try the NYX Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation or the Rimmel Stay Matte Powders over this.


Remember this is just my opinion and if you love these products then there is nothing wrong with that!

Comments