Review: Essence 3D Duo Eyeshadows


Essence is by far one of the least expensive makeup brands available in the U.S. Currently, the brand is only available in-stores at places such as Ulta and Fred Meyer. The products are currently unavailable for purchase on Essence's website.


The 3D Duo Eyeshadows are a pressed eyeshadow with 2 shades. The larger shadow is a raised powder, not flat like most pressed eyeshadows. They are very similar to the MAC Extra Dimension eyeshadows. These eyeshadows retail for $3.49 each at Ulta and come in a sturdy plastic compact with a see through top.


Most recently, I picked up one of their 3D Duo Eyeshadows in "Irresistible Vanilla Latte". This shade features a glittery metallic pinky beige champagne color and a glittery off-white ivory shade with an iridescent glitter .

When applied dry over primer the colors are very shimmery and are actually quite pigmented but leave a wet look to the eye, it's very beautiful! And when you apply them wet, the colors are even more intense!

(L to R): Both Shades Mixed, Darker Champagne Shade, Lighter Ivory Shade


I have been using the two shades as face highlighters down the bridge of my nose and on top of my cheek bones, and I must say, it's amazing! If you like a more dramatic or glittery highlight, give this shadow a shot! The pink beige shade is absolutely perfect! And the color lasts for about 7 to 8 hours before I noticed any fading.

Essence "Irresistible Vanilla Latte" As A Highlighter

The texture of the eyeshadow is pretty good, not powdery but not intensely creamy. I don't notice any patchiness or power kick-up when I apply it. I haven't noticed any breakouts on my face after applying this.

If you like shimmery eyeshadows or highlighters, head to Ulta to check out this shade! Plus, it's paraben-free! The only negative is I wish the texture was a just a bit creamier. But for $3.49 I will not complain.


NEED IT!
4.5/5

Comments