Comparison: Microdermabrasion Polishes



I've recently gotten my hands on several brands Microdermabrasion face exfoliants. I wanted to give you guys my thoughts on these three and tell you which ones I would purchase again and which ones I would not waste my time with.

I did receive these from working at Ulta, but am in no way altering my views or opinions about these products.


Source: Ulta

First up, the Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish. This retails for $72 in-stores and online at Ulta. Full size is 2.6 fl ounces. This product claims to "Exfoliates refines texture, promotes cell renewal", and contain "Professional Grade Crystals", "Glycolic Acid", and "Papaya Enzyme". This product is paraben-free as well as does not contain plastic polyethylene beads.

Compared to other microdermabrasion polishes I've used, this one asks that you massage your skin for 30 seconds and then leave the product on for up to 2 minutes. I found that when I was rubbing this into my skin, I could feel the intense tingle and it felt like my skin was burning. Not a great feeling. But once the product settled, I didn't feel the burning.

The texture of this feels and come out of the tube in a beige gritty texture but when blended out, it turns into a smoother white lotion.

After I removed the polish I noticed my skin wasn't overly red and I could feel my skin softer to the touch and healthier looking.

Definitely a great polish and worth the $72, just be aware of the tingling, so if you don't like a good tingle then skip out on this.



Source: Sephora

Next is the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. This retails for $78 in-stores and online at Ulta, Sephora, and Drbrandtskincare.com. Full size is 2 fl ounces, so about 30% less than the Exuviance Face Polish. This product claims to be "Formulated with pharmaceutical-grade crystals" and "mimics a professional in-office procedure" and formulated for "All Skin Types". This product is also paraben-free.

The texture of this exfoliant felt much like a typical white lotion with very fine micro exfoliants.

This exfoliant recommending rubbing it into the skin for 1 to 2 minutes before rinsing. I found this formula was much gentler than the Exuviance and didn't feel gritty or course. However, I didn't feel like this made my face feel any smoother or healthier in appearance. I didn't feel like it exfoliated my skin enough.

For a $78, not worth it. For me it just didn't do enough exfoliating or make my face feel any healthier or softer. Skip it.


Source: Sephora

And finally, the Algenist Triple-Action Micropolish & Peel. This retails for $58 in-stores and online at Ulta, Sephora, and algenist.com. Full size is 2 fl ounces. This formula is also paraben-free. This product claims to "Improve skin texture and tone", "Visibly corrects skin imperfections", "Smoothes away roughness", and "Brightens dull skin".

This polish recommends rubbing it into the skin for 1 to 2 minutes before rinsing. I will say, the texture isn't creamy and is a little gritty feeling when you try to rub it into your skin. You really have to work to get it into your skin.

But I will say, I absolutely loved what my skin looked like after using this! It looked so much healthier, my skin had a natural glow to it, and smoother to the touch!

If you're going to get one of the microdermabrasion polishes, definitely get this one!

Comments