Review: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation


L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation


This week, I picked up one of the newest foundations to hit the drugstore, the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. L'Oreal also released a Pro-Matte Powder and Setting Spray. This foundation retails for between $11.99 and $12.99 at mass retailers and $14.99 at Ulta. Definitely a pricey foundation for the drugstore.


Let's get into the review!



I picked up the shade 102, "Shell Beige". The second lightest shade in the range. There are 12 shades total in the line, a good selection for just about everyone to find their perfect shade. For reference, I am about an NC20 in MAC foundations. Shell Beige is the perfect match for my skin tone. Unlike most drugstore foundations, it wasn't too yellow or too pink.


The foundation comes in a plastic squeeze tube, with the standard 1 fl ounce of product. The packaging is quite sleek, perfect for on-the-go so you don't have to worry about a heavy glass bottle.







L'Oreal claims:

"Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion."



I agree about the demi-matte finish. It's not dewy but it's definitely not a flat matte like the Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation, check out my review of that foundation HERE. It looks very natural on the skin and blends in so easily.


102, Shell Beige
Pro-Matte Foundation
L'Oreal


When I compare this to the CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation, the L'Oreal Foundation stays matte longer, controls oil better, does not oxidize and dry to a darker color, and looks much more natural on the skin. And compared to my Holy Grail foundation, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, the L'Oreal doesn't have as long of wear time or as much coverage as the Estee Lauder, but it does look more natural and flawless on the skin.


What I love about this foundation is that unlike most foundations that settle into my smile lines, this one didn't! So if you have problems with fine lines and wrinkles, you'll love this!


As far as 24 hours, not quite. I noticed after about the 9 hour mark the foundation had worn down on my nose but it still looked flawless on the rest of my face. And for you oily skinned girls, I did find my face did not get as shiny in my t-zone as it usually does. I did not have any transfer onto my clothing or around my collar.


The coverage is very good. I would say it's a medium build-able coverage. A dime sized amount covered my entire face, however if you have acne spots or marks you want to cover, you will need to use a concealer.


Here is a picture of the foundation with a full face a makeup. You can see it photographs very well with no flashback.




Overall, I think this is becoming my favorite drugstore foundation! It looks flawless on the skin while still helping to control oil, and as an added bonus, it's paraben-free! I've been wearing this for over a week and so far it has not broken me out. If you have dry skin, I don't think you'll like this as it doesn't give you any glow and might emphasize any dry patches. But for those with combo, normal, and oily skin, I think you'll love it! If you're in the drugstore or Ulta, be sure to use your coupons and take advantage of any L'Oreal sales, it's worth the extra few bucks!



NEED IT!
4.5/5





Comments

Reana PK said…
The True Match Foundations are also moisturizing but they have a more glowy finish that is suitable for dry skin. The Infallible foundations are extremely matte but have a brightening effect on my face due to the yellow undertones. However, they tend to get a little uncomfortable to wear after a few hours.29-Mar-2017
l'oreal infallible matte foundation