Review: Tarte Maracuja Oil

Tarte Maracuja Oil
Source: Sephora


I recently received a travel size of the Tarte Maracuja Oil. I have been loving oils for my skincare for over a year now and I could not wait to try it out! I have heard amazing things about maracuja oil being amazing at brightening your skin as well as adding health and shine.


The travel size (0.5 oz) retails for $15, and the full size (1.7 oz) retails for $46 at Ulta, Sephora, and the Tarte Website.


Let's get in to the review!



Both sizes of the Tarte Maracuja Oil come packaged in a gorgeous purple glass bottle with a dropper to help deposit the right about of oil.


Tarte claims the Maracuja Oil

"helps deliver an overall rejuvenated and even-toned complexion while giving the appearance of brighter skin thanks to a high dose of vitamin C. This powerful anti-aging elixir provides instant hydration - quenching dry skin with no greasy or filmy feel."


Skincare is always a very personal thing to review, what works for my skin may not work for someone else. So let me start off by saying I have very oily and very acne prone skin, just keep that in mind.


The maracuja oil, like Tarte claims, is not sticky or greasing feeling when I applied it to my face. It's easy to blend into the skin without it feeling too heavy. That being said, I only applied this to my face at night because it left a very shiny appearance to my face. If you have dry skin, you might be able to wear this day and night.


It does have a slight smell to it. As my co-worker put it, it smelt like french fries. It's not too overpowering but if you're sensitive to smells maybe try a different oil.


I applied two "pumps' of the oil for all-over my face. This was enough to cover all the skin on my face without leaving it too oily. I applied this at night after cleansing and toning my skin and before applying moisturizer.


After using this about half a dozen times or so, I noticed each morning that my skin felt softer and more hydrated. I noticed some of the darker pigmented areas on the center of my face looking slightly more even and lighter. It definitely lived up to its claims!


HOWEVER, after using this several times, and not changing anything else in my skincare or makeup routine, I noticed that my skin was breaking out in acne all over my face! It was the worst breakout I have had in years.


OVERALL, while it does help brighten and even out my complexion, it broke me out like crazy. If you have dull skin, or pigmentation issues, I think you will love this, and if you have dry or very dry skin, you will definitely benefit from the added hydration! If you have sensitive or acne prone skin,  there is no guarantee you will break out from this, but I highly recommend using caution if you do try it.


NEED IT!(Except Acne Prone Skin Types)
4.25/5



Comments