Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation DUPE

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation DUPE


The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is a holy grail foundation for many girls who NEED a long-wearing and high coverage foundation. I am no exception, it is hands down my holy grail foundation.


I have tried out many many many drugstore foundations, hoping to find a dupe for the Double Wear. From the Maybelline Fluid Touch, Revlon ColorStay, CoverGirl 3-in-1, to the Rimmel Stay Matte. Many have been ok, but none were comparable to the longevity, coverage, but natural look of the Estee Lauder.


I have oily acne prone skin, so I need a full coverage foundation that will cover my acne and discoloration, not leave my skin looking greasy, and must last all day.


While I love everything about the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, I hate the price. This retails for $37 (1 fl oz) at Estee Lauder Counters, Sephora, and the Estee Lauder Website.


Thankfully, I have finally found an almost identical dupe, for 1/3rd of the price!



The L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation is an almost identical dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.


L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation


I do have a full review of the L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation on my blog, check it out HERE.


The Pro-Matte foundation has a medium buildable coverage, a satin matte finish, and lasts about 10 to 12 hours, after that point it breaks down and the shine breaks through. And most importantly, this retails for around $12.99 (1 fl oz) at Ulta and mass retailers.


When compared to the Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is also medium buildable coverage and a satin matte finish, it doesn't last quite as long, I can get a solid 12 hours + of wear from the Estee Lauder.


On a scale of 1 to 10 of in terms of similarity, 10 being dead on and 1 being polar opposites. They're about an 8.5.


That being said, there are 30 shades of the Double Wear, and only 10 shades of the Pro-Matte. Hopefully they come out with more shades of the Pro-Matte for the fair princesses and bronze goddesses!


Let me give you guys a breakdown of the two foundations!



Price

Estee Lauder- $37
L'Oreal- around $12

Winner: L'Oreal


Packaging

Estee Lauder- Glass Bottle, No Pump
L'Oreal- Squeeze Tube

Winner: L'Oreal



Coverage

Estee Lauder- Medium Buildable
L'Oreal- Medium Buildable

Winner: Tie



Lasting Power

Estee Lauder- 12-15 hours
L'Oreal- 10-12 hours

Winner: Estee Lauder



Color Selection

Estee Lauder- 30 Shades
L'Oreal- 10 Shades

Winner: Estee Lauder



For those of you wondering what shade to get. For reference, I am around an NC20 in MAC. I am fair with a neutral undertone. I use the shade 102 Shell Beige in the L'Oreal Pro-Matte, and the shade 1N1 Ivory Nude in the Estee Lauder Double Wear.



Overall, both foundations offer amazing staying power and provide almost full coverage. Neither oxidize or change color or break down throughout the day. I would say if you want to try the Estee Lauder but don't want to spend almost $40, get the L'Oreal Pro-Matte, you won't be disappointed!


Comments