Review: Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender

Mally Face Defender


I have never owned very many Mally Beauty products, but I have heard nothing but positive things about the much loved Face Defender by Mally Beauty. This product is meant to help minimize the look of pores, control shine, and make the face look flawless.


The Mall Beauty Face Defender retails for $40 (0.46 oz), and is available in-store and online at Ulta, the QVC Website,  and the Mally Website.


So how does it measure up to it's cult following? Let's get in to the review!


I'd like to first point out that my Mally Face Defender packaging looks slightly different than the one you would pick up from Ulta or Mally. Typically, the packaging is a hard square shaped plastic.


The product itself is a solid clear type gel. It has a strong silicone feel and texture to it, which gives it that smooth and silky feeling. It does not have any noticeable smell or fragrance.



Mally Face Defender


Ingredients



Mally claims this product:

"...yields an utterly sheer, featherweight product that diffuses the look of pores, minimizes fine lines, and helps protect your makeup so it lasts from morning to night. Face Defender gives you that flawless matte finish without the dry, ashy look of powder. The result is silky smooth skin and longer-lasting makeup."


I do agree that the product feels very lightweight and almost undetectable on the skin.


I myself have enlarged pores on both sides of my nose under my eyes, and towards the center of my forehead, and I have the typical smile lines around my mouth.


I found that when I used a non-silicone based primer under my foundation, the Face Defender did greatly reduce the appearance of my pores. However, when I used a silicone based primer, such as the LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer, the Face Defender only minimally reduced the appearance of my pores.


The Face Defender did also help reduce the appearance of my smile line and prevent foundation from settling into those fine lines.


I have used this as a finishing product on top of makeup and as a touch up throughout the day.


As a finishing product, I used the sponge provided with the Face Defender, swirled the sponge into the product, and then patted the product onto my face, pressing it into the skin. DO NOT swipe or blend the product into the skin, this will only cause your makeup to move and cause patches.


There is a bit of a learning curve when using this product for the first time.


As a touchup throughout the day, as someone with very oily skin, I had to pat my face with tissues to remove excess oil first, then I applied the Face Defender to the areas that have enlarged pores. Be careful if you do have oily skin that if you do not blot down oil before using the Mally Face Defender, that makeup will be picked up by the sponge and create patches.


I will say, it did make my pores look smaller and helped control oil throughout the the day when I did this as a touch up and right after applying my makeup.


Overall, I say this product does an excellent job minimizing the look of pores, keeping oil at bay, and feeling and looking invisible on the skin. I wish the product was easier to apply, but with a little practice, it should be fine. Plus, it's paraben-free and did not cause me to break out. I think anyone with fine lines, enlarged looking pores, and oily skin would love this!


NEED IT!
4.25/5





Comments