Review: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation


Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
Source: Too Faced


One of Too Faced's newest launches for Fall 2015 is the Born This Way Foundation. This foundation is meant to give an undetectable full coverage to the face and look flawless. Full coverage tends to look heavy, so I'm intrigued to see how this turns out!


This retails for $39 (1 fl oz) in-stores and online at Ulta, Sephora, and the Too Faced Website.


Let's get in to the review!



Too Faced Born This Way Foundation



Too Faced claims this foundation provides:


"...coverage so undetectable, you can't see the makeup and you can't see imperfections - all that's left is naturally radiant skin....is infused with a potent combination of coconut water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature's resilient alpine rose to brighten the skin's appearance and promote elasticity and hyaluronic acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance."





The packaging.


The foundation comes in a standard frosted glass bottle with a pump. Not the most travel friendly, but it does look absolutely beautiful.


It is currently available in 12 shades, and coming this Fall, it will be available in 18 shades.


I wore the shade "Vanilla". The color is a light ivory with neutral pink undertones. For reference, I am fair with neutral undertones, I tend to wear a MAC NC20 and Estee Lauder 1N1 "Ivory Nude". My perfect shade is one of the new shades "Pearl", which is lighter and more yellow toned.



L to R: Vanilla, Light Beige, Sand



The formula.


The formula of this foundation slightly runny and on the thin side. If you're familiar with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation or the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, they have a similar consistency. 


This blends in very easy into the skin without looking streaky or heavy. The color goes on evenly, and with one layer provides a medium coverage that is able to be built up to a full coverage with two layers. 


I would describe the finish of this foundation as being a natural satin finish. It does not look matte, nor overly dewy, just how Too Faced describes, "naturally radiant skin". 



Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in "Vanilla"



Longevity.


This is where the foundation becomes a hit or miss for people. Keep in mind my skin type is oily and acne prone. This foundation wore well for about 7 to 8 hours before starting to break down towards the center of my face. The finish became more dewy and shiny as the day went on, and the texture became apparent on my skin.


If you have normal to dry skin, I think this foundation will flatter your skin type better than those with normal to oily skin. The coconut water infused within this foundation does make the foundation easy to wear and leaves your skin feeling hydrated.



The foundation does have a very light scent to it, but not overly fragrant.


The major downfall of this foundation for me is the coconut water. Despite the formula being oil-free, after wearing this foundation, the next day I had new acne spots on my face. I did not change anything else in my routine, so I attribute my breakout to this.



Overall, this foundation has great build-able coverage, the longevity is great for everyday, and is very easy to apply. However, the color selection could be better for those with fair and deep skin tones, and if you have oily or acne prone skin, stay away from this. The hydrating aspect of this foundation will leave your skin looking too shiny and may cause your skin to break out. For those with normal skin types, you'll love the natural not heavy looking finish.


LEAVE IT!
3.5/5





Disclaimer: I did receive this product as gratis for working at Ulta, this never affects my opinions or thoughts about the product.

Comments