Review: 100% Pure Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer


100% Pure Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer


One of the newest additions to my skincare routine is the 100% Pure Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer. What really attracted me to this moisturizer was it's SPF 30 sun protection, and it is formulated specifically for oily skin. This moisturizer retails for $32 (1.6 fl oz) and is available in-store and online at the 100% Pure Website.


100% Pure is completely natural, always free of parabens, and is cruelty free. For those looking into trying green beauty products, 100% Pure is definitely a great line to try, they have a complete line of cosmetics, skin care, and nail care.


Let's get in to the review!



100% Pure claims this moisturizer:


"Oil free, very lightweight hydration with SPF 30 protects your skin from the sun's harmful UVA (ultra violet aging) and UVB (ultra violet burning) rays, skin cancer, fine lines, wrinkles, sun and age spots. Organic green tea soothes and calms while purifying herbs keep complexion fresh."



The moisturizer comes in your standard plastic squeeze tube. Easy for storage and for travel. The moisturizer itself is a white runny liquid, with just a hint of an herbal scent. The scent does not linger.



100% Pure Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer



The formula.


Because the formula is very thin and watery, you have to be careful when applying this or you will apply too much and it can get messy very quickly. I apply just one dot of moisturizer on each of my cheeks, chin, forehead, and then blend with my fingers.


The moisturizer is slightly tacky, but not sticky. Because of the high SPF, the moisturizer does leave a noticeable white cast to the skin. It does take a good minute or so to really blend out the moisturizer. Otherwise you're left with streaks of white across your face.


If you have fair to light skin, the white cast is less noticeable. However, if you have medium to deep skin, if you wear this moisturizer on it's own, no makeup on top, I think the white cast will be too noticeable and not great for day to day wear. 


For someone with oily skin, like me, blending this out is pretty easy, but anyone with a skin type other than oily will not like this one bit. It will cling to any dry patches on your skin and emphasize dryness. 


Right after applying the moisturizer, I liked the matte finish it gave to my oily skin. And it does help control shine throughout the day, unlike other moisturizers that left my face looking overly shiny. However, the product just sat on top of my skin, quite noticeably so, and just did not leave my skin feel hydrated. I could still see a white cast on my face several hours after applying the moisturizer.


In terms of sun protection, I'm sure this product will do great at protecting my skin against the sun and prevent signs of aging. SPF 30 is the bare minimum you should be using for day to day sun exposure.



Overall, this moisturizer performs better as sun protection than a moisturizer. The formula is too runny, and sits on top of the skin rather than blending in, and it does not leave my skin feeling hydrated what so ever. And due to the very noticeable white cast, anyone with medium or deep skin tones would find this almost unwearable.


LEAVE IT!
2.5/5





Comments