Review: Alima Pure Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex


Alima Pure Pressed Foundation


One of the most popular green beauty foundations is the Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation, which is a loose powder. As I do prefer a pressed powder, I decided to purchase the Alima Pure Pressed Foundation


This is fairly new to their line, and comes in two forms, with a compact and without. With a compact this foundation retails for $34 (0.31 oz) and is available on the Alima Pure Website, The Detox Market, the refill (without compact) retails for $22 (0.31 oz) on the Alima Pure Website, The Detox Market.


I couldn't justify spending an extra $12 for a compact, so the product seen here is the refill.  


Let's get in to the review!



Alima Pure Pressed Foundation



Alima Pure claims:


"Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex refill includes one pressed powder pan and one replacement sponge to slip into the magnetized pressed powder compact. A lightweight pressed mineral powder with a velvety, matte finish packed with benefits. Silky rice and mica powders provide smooth, even, buildable coverage. Rosehip Antioxidant Complex soothes, protects, and revitalizes delicate facial skin."




Packaging and Color


The powder comes in a standard metal pan, I chose this method instead of with a compact as it's easy to store in my MAC and Z-Palettes. 


There is no artificial scent to this powder, it does however have a scent that reminds me of baby powder.


I purchased the shade "Aspen", which is the lightest shade with a neutral to yellow undertone. If you wear a MAC NC10-20, Urban Decay 1.0, Estee Lauder 1N1, 100% Pure Creme, this will be a great color match for you. If you have a more cool or pink undertone but are still fair, try the shade "Birch".


There are 11 shades available, far less than the 45 shades available in the Satin Matte Foundation range, but I don't think you will have a problem finding a shade match.



Alima Pure Pressed Foundation in "Aspen"


Alima Pure Pressed Foundation in "Aspen"




Formula


The powder is soft to the touch, which makes it easy to pick up product with a brush. I prefer higher coverage, so I use the ELF Powder Brush. If you use a less dense brush, you'll achieve a more natural coverage.


The foundation does pick up quite a bit of excess powder, so it's slightly messy, but not nearly as messy as the Satin Matte Foundation.


I have worn this foundation alone and on top of a tinted moisturizer. The one thing I must emphasize with this foundation is how MATTE the finish is. If you have any sort of dryness to your skin, DO NOT purchase this. This powder absorbs any moisture and oil out of your skin, which is why I prefer to use this on top of a liquid.


Your face will look flat and dry with just this powder applied, so I highly recommend using some sort of liquid product underneath, or using a hydrating finishing spray on top.


Alima Pure claims it will provide "smooth, even, buildable coverage". I'd say those claims are mostly accurate. The coverage was not splotchy, uneven, or patchy. It covered every bit of redness and uneven pigmentation in my skin, but you could still see some of my acne scars. So it provides a solid medium coverage that's slightly buildable.


The actual powder feels like nothing on the skin. It definitely feels lightweight and undetectable, so there's no need to worry about it feeling heavy or cakey.


It did not emphasize the size of my pores, or settle into fine lines or wrinkles. It will cling to any dry patches.



Alima Pure Pressed in Aspen




Compared to Satin Matte Foundation


I prefer the formula of the Satin Matte Foundation as it's less drying and looks less flat on the skin, but I prefer the pressed aspect of the Pressed Foundation. My full review of the Satin Matte Foundation can be read HERE.


The Pressed Foundation was more prone to wearing off when I needed touchups throughout the day than the Satin Matte. 


The staying power is about the same between the two formulas, good, but not amazing. If you have normal/dry/combo skin, you will get the most benefits from the Satin Matte Foundation. If you have oily to very oily skin, you will get the most benefits from the Pressed Foundation.



Longevity


On my oily skin, this foundation looked great and oil did not start breaking through until about 6 hours. I had to blot the excess oil off my face at around 8 hours, during which some of the foundation lifted off my face, so be careful if you blot with or without powder.


After about 9 hours the oils in my skin caused the foundation started to break down, oxidize slightly, and look way way way too shiny. 


If you have normal to combo skin, I'd expect it to last a little longer and you won't experience the oily skin at the end of the day that I do.



Ingredients:


"Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Zinc Stearate,Tocopherol, Squalane, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Limonene, Dehydroacetic Acid, Linalool, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Leaf Extract, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Peel Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract [+/- CI 77891, CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]."



Overall


This powder has a great medium coverage that cancels out redness and uneven pigmentation across the skin. It doesn't look heavy or cakey, and the ingredients are very clean so if you have sensitive or acne prone skin, you won't have to worry about irritation. However, I wish the formula was less drying, not for anyone except oily skin, and that the coverage was slightly more buildable. This will be great during the Summer months when my skin is oilier. 


I prefer the formula of the Satin Matte Foundation as it's less drying and looks less flat on the skin, but I prefer the pressed aspect of the Pressed Foundation. 


NEED IT!
4.0/5




Comments