REVIEW | Schmidt's Fragrance-Free Deodorant Jar


Schmidt's Fragrance-Free Deodorant Jar


I have reviewed several Aluminum-Free deodorants on this blog---LaVanila, Tom's of Maine, Nubian Heritage (My Aluminum-Free Deodorant Roundup HERE). Most have been failures for me, but I wanted to give the Schmidt's Deodorant Jars a try.


The Schmidt's Deodorant Jars retail between $8.99 and $10 (2 oz), and are available online through the Schmidt's Website, Urban Outfitters, Vitacost, and in-stores at your local Whole Foods and health stores.


Schmidt's is Cruelty-Free, Vegan, and free of harmful chemicals. The Aluminum in deodorant has been linked to Breast Cancer, Alzheimer's, and other diseases---I highly recommend everyone make the switch to Aluminum-Free!


Let's get in to the review!



Schmidt's claims:

Our Fragrance-Free formula is a must-have for those seeking powerful deodorant protection and a luxurious experience without scent.

 Award-winning formula naturally and effectively neutralizes odor and wetness.
Easily absorbed. Non-greasy, non-sticky feel.
Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens & phthalates.
Helps absorb wetness naturally without the use of aluminum.
Certified Vegan & Cruelty-free. Gluten-free.
Packaged in elegant and sustainable glass jars.
Made in Portland, OR, USA.




Packaging


The Schmidt's Deodorant Jars are packaged in a clear glass jar with a tiny spatula inside to help pick up the product. They suggest picking up the product with the spatula, rubbing it between your hands and then applying it directly to your underarms.


Oh, did I mention their amazing recycling program?!

Schimdt's Recycling Club: for every 5 empty Deodorant Jars you save, ship them to Schmidt's (free of charge), and exchange them for a free deodorant of your choosing!


While the glass jar is not the most travel friendly, I really enjoy the packaging style, and that I can recycle it when I am done. Great for my body and great for the environment, I'm on board!



Product


The Deodorant Jars are available in 6 scents; Fragrance-Free, Rose + Vanilla, Bergamot + Lime, Lavender + Sage, Cedarwood + Juniper, and Ylang-Ylang + Calendula. The Cedarwood and the Lavender options have a very musky and earthy smell that I do not care for, so I purchased the Fragrance-Free.


The actual product is a thick cream that requires heat to melt into the skin. It has a thick and somewhat sticky consistency, so be sure to wash your hands after application. (It does not feel sticky or heavy under the arms.)


The product is white like a typical deodorant, so it can transfer to your clothing if you use too much. 


As this product does contain baking soda, it may be irritating to some people. So I recommend doing a small patch test prior to using it under your arms. I did experience a slight burning sensation where I shaved and applied the deodorant, but it did not linger very long and I experience no burning or rashes from daily use.



Schmidt's Fragrance-Free Dedorant Jar




Performance


This is ultimately the deciding factor---does it protect against odor all day. I can say for me, that after applying a small amount of the deodorant at around 8 am, the deodorant effectively controlled odor for about 10 to 12 hours. 


Keep in mind, I do live in a dryer climate (Midwest), and the time of the year is getting cooler. 


I do not have to re-apply or worry about odor building up throughout the day.


If you worry about wetness and perspiration, this deodorant does effectively control it. Even during my workouts, I noticed very little perspiration coming through my shirt.



Ingredients:

 Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Tocopherol (vitamin E)



Overall


The Schmidt's Deodorant Jar is by far one of the cleanest and best performing natural aluminum-free deodorants on the market! It controls odor and perspiration all day without the nasty and harmful ingredients of traditional deodorants and anti-antiperspirants! It's a little messy in terms of application, but for the cost it's completely worth it. If stick deodorant is a must for you, they have that option as well. Next on my list is the Rose + Vanilla scent!








Comments