January Beauty Favorites


January Beauty Favorites


The new year is upon us, and living in a cold environment has definitely affected my makeup and skincare routine. Here are some of my favorites for the month of January!






Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer


Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer


With the drier weather upon us, even though I have oily skin, I noticed my skin wasn't as hydrated as it should be. This moisturizer by Perricone MD is the perfect thing to add into your daily routine, morning and night. I find the formula blends very easily into the skin without feeling oily or greasy and leaves my skin feeling very hydrated and refreshed! I'd recommend this for any skin type. I have the travel size, which you can see here. The full size retails for $69 at Ulta and Sephora





Exuviance Sheer Refining Fluid


Exuviance Sheer Refining Fluid


Another moisturizer I have added to my daily routine is this one from Exuviance. My favorite thing about this moisturizer is the added SPF 35. This moisturizer feels just like a lotion, but has the scent of a sunscreen. It does not feel greasy or oily on my skin and the scent of the SPF doesn't linger. I use this particularly in the morning when I know I'll be out in the sun to give me that added protection. As an added bonus, it's formula to pick up excess oil in the skin throughout the day, so I highly recommend this for those who have combination to oily skin who just want that extra hydration. This retails for $42 at Ulta.




OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Nail Polish Collection


OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Nail Polish Collection


I picked up 3 of the new shades from the OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Collection this past month. There are 6 shades in the collection, the three I have are "Cement the Deal", review HERE, "Embrace the Gray", review HERE, and "Dark Side of the Mood", review HERE. All these shades are my favorite, the entire collection is my favorite! If you're obsessed with Fifty Shades as much as I am you know I'll pick up the rest when they go on clearance. They're very long wearing and the matte grays are gorgeous. My favorite is "Embrace the Gray"! Each bottle is $9.50 at Ulta.




bareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil


bareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil


I received the Illuminating Mineral Veil from work in the limited edition packaging for the holidays. This sheer setting powder has a very fine iridescent micro shimmer to add a luminous finish to the skin. I've been using this to set my concealer under my eyes, and I must say, even though I have oil skin, it looks gorgeous on the skin! It doesn't settle into lines and it doesn't look too glittery. I just have the travel size, but the full size retails for $21 at Ulta, Sephora, and online at bareMinerals website 




MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15


























I finally purchased the much loved MAC Pro Longwear Concealer this past month. Finding a multi-purpose concealer I am able to use both under the eye without looking heavy and one that has good coverage is difficult. But so far I am very impressed with it! I have used this shade to highlight the center of my face as well as conceal darkness under my eyes and highlight it. If you have fair to light skin with neutral undertones, this shade will be perfect for you. This concealer is not too heavy, not sticky, and comes in a very large variety of colors. The only thing I would change is the packaging, the pump doesn't deposit the product well. This retails for $20 on the MAC Cosmetics website and at MAC counter locations.




Laura Geller Baked Blush in "Boysenberry"


Laura Geller Baked Blush in "Boysenberry"


And last but not least, I picked up this Laura Geller Blush right before Christmas and I have been loving it ever since! This shade is the perfect muted peachy pink that goes with every eye look. Since it is a muted tone, if you have medium skin tones, it may not show up on you, so those with fair to light skin tones will really love it. The color is pigmented, build-able, the texture is smooth and not patchy, and it lasts all day. This shade is still available online at Laura Geller's website for $27.50. Check out my full review HERE.







Comments