Review: OPI Nail Polish in "Dark Side of the Mood"




The last review for the OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Collection is here! Last up is the darkest shade from the Collection that is now available at Ulta and select locations, Dark Side of the Mood. Each nail polish is the standard 0.5 fl ounces and retails for $9.50 at Ulta. 








Dark Side of the Mood is a very dark cool toned gray. It is just one notch above black. At a distance it appears black. It is a creme finish, no sparkles, glitter, or shimmer. The color dries darker on the nails than what you see in the bottle. 


The formula of this polish is a funny one. I found one coat to be extremely sheer and streaky, however with two coats, it is perfectly opaque and looks shiny and not clumpy on the nails what-so-ever.



Dark Side of the Mood
2 Coats

OPI


What's also strange given the thin formula is the wear time of this polish. It's amazing! I painted my nails on Sunday evening and by Saturday I had noticed just the tiniest bit of tip wear on only two nails.

Very impressive!



Dark Side of the Mood2 Coats
OPI


Overall, I absolutely love the formula and longevity of this shade. I've never had a nail polish last this long on my nails without chipping! The entire collection so far has really impressed me!

The color isn't my favorite since it came out much darker than I expected, but if you love dark vampy colors, pick it up! You won't be disappointed.



NEED IT!
5/5

Comments