Review: OPI Nail Polish in "Embrace The Gray"



OPI recently released the Fifty Shades of Grey Collection for 2015! I am absolutely obsessed with the book series and cannot wait to see the film, so I knew I had to pick up the collection!

Each bottle within this collection is the standard 0.5 fl ounces and retails for $9.50 at Ulta, and around $9 at select salons and retailers that carry OPI.


I picked up three of the matte gray shades as you will see in the coming swatches and reviews. The first one I shall be reviewing and swatching for you guys is "Embrace The Gray". Which I'm sort of disappointed with the name, why not "Embrace The Grey", just my thought.


But let's get into the review!





"Embrace The Gray" is a medium cool toned gray that leans slightly blue in color. The color reminds me of a dolphin or shark skin, that gray with a touch of blue. This was one of the completely matte colors in the collection. There's no glitter, sheen, or metallic effect to this one. Just a creamy matte finish.

"Embrace The Gray"
2 Coats
OPI



I found that the formula of this polish was pretty good, slightly thin, one coat was still a little streaky and about 80% opaque. Two coats was perfect; no streaks, completely opaque, and didn't look clumpy or thick on the nails.


Let's talk about longevity. I painted my nails this color on a Thursday, by Monday I had just minor tip wear on a couple of nails. So the wear of this shade is very good, typical of other darker OPI polishes I have tried. Typically by the 5th day I need to paint them again due to chipping.


If you are in the market for a great gray nail color that lasts and doesn't look streaky on the nails, you need to pick up this shade! I think this color will flatter anyone and the formulation of this polish is very good. Had this polish been opaque with one coat, I would love it even more! But none-the-less, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the nails!


NEED IT!
4.5/5

Comments