April Beauty Favorites


April Beauty Favorites


I can't tell you how crazy of a month April has been! I'm glad the month is over, as I will be in Boston at the beginning of May, and if you'd like to check out some pictures from my trip, head over to Instagram (@justineolson93), I am always posting there about future blog posts.


Every one of these favorites are cruelty free!


Let's get into it!





Pacifica Quinoa Sensitive Face Wash

$10 (5 oz)
Ulta
Review



Pacifica Quinoa Sensitive Face Wash


The newest addition to my skincare routine is this Quinoa Sensitive Face Wash from Pacifica. New to their line of skincare items, this face wash is exclusive to Ulta and has been my everyday cleanser and makeup remover!


This gel cleanser has been the (almost) perfect gentle face wash for my skin this month as my skin has been ridden with dry patches but still oily throughout the day. It never stripped my skin of its natural oils, and it never irritated or inflamed my acne.


That being said, it contains a strong fragrance, so if you have fragrance sensitive skin, skip out on this.





Physicians Formula Argan Wear Argan Oil

$14.99 (1 oz)
Ulta, Drugstores


Physicians Formula Argan Wear Argan Oil


During my skin's dry spell this month---thank you over-exfoliation---my skin needed some extra hydration. My everyday facial oil was not enough, cue the Argan Oil! 


This 100% pure Argan Oil has been my saving grace for dry skin. I love using this alone and mixed with other essential oils to hydrate my skin without leaving it sticky, tacky, or too oily. I highly recommend this oil for all skin types, as an allover facial oil or mixed in with foundations for a glowy appearance.


I foresee an organic Argan Oil in my future!





100% Pure Healthy Foundation

$45 (1 oz)
100% Pure Website
Review


100% Pure Healthy Foundation


I finally purchased a full size of the 100% Pure Healthy Foundation, the green beauty answer to the much loved Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. For reference, I wear the shade, "Creme", the second lightest shade.


This foundation is long-wearing, provides a medium coverage with a matte finish. While not identical to the Estee Lauder Double Wear, this formula is a bit tackier and trickier to blend, I loved wearing this for long work days when my makeup needs to last over 10 hours.


My preferred method of application is to apply this foundation with a buffing brush and pat the foundation into the skin. I do not recommend swiping this foundation, it's prone to streaking. This is a great clean foundation option for those who desire more coverage and have very oily skin, particularly during the upcoming Summer months!





Pur Minerals Afterglow Illuminating Powder

$25 (0.28 oz)
Ulta, Kohls, Pur Minerals Website
Review



Pur Minerals Afterglow Illuminating Powder


This highlighter was featured in my 2015 Favorites, so it's no surprise that it's still a favorite this year! However, instead of being a favorite on myself, I loved using this highlighter on my friend for her wedding. I used this powder to highlight her cheekbones, and my goodness did her face look radiant!


If you love a highlighter that makes your face glow from within, nothing metallic or glittery, you will LOVE this! It's the perfect light beige ivory for every skin tone. It's truly the ideal highlighter for every skin tone. 


The color can be built up from a sheer glow to an intense shine. It doesn't emphasize fine lines, pores, or acne. If I could recommend one highlighter, this would be it.





Silk Naturals Brow Cream

$6.50 (0.07 oz)
Silk Naturals Website



Silk Naturals Brow Cream


Silk Naturals Brow Cream in "Medium Ash"



If you saw my latest haul, I picked up a few things from Silk Naturals, including a sample of the Brow Cream in the shade, "Medium Ash". 


Finding a brow product with clean ingredients to match my fair skin and dark hair has been quite the challenge. My hair is dark brown, but my eyebrows are an ashy black. Whenever I used my Honest Beauty Brow Filler or NYX Pomade, the color was always too warm and too brown.


This shade, "Medium Ash", is my ideal brow color! It blends in perfectly with my natural brow color and doesn't look too dark or harsh against my fair skin. The consistency of the formula is smooth, pigmented, and easy to apply. I use a typical angled eyeliner brush to apply it.


A full review of the Brow Cream will be up next week.






What products did you guys love this past month? Here's hoping Summer is right around the corner!





Comments