Review | OPI Start To Finish Base Coat, Top Coat & Strengthener


OPI Start To Finish Base Coat, Top Coat & Strengthener 3-in-1 Treatment Formaldehyde-Free


I was recently in the market for a new base coat for under my nail polish. I came across the OPI Start To Finish Base Coat, Top Coat & Strengthener 3-in-1 Treatment in the Formaldehyde-Free formula.


This clear coat retails for $12.95 at Ulta, and at other locations where OPI is sold.


Let's get in to the review!





This base and top coat comes in the standard OPI bottle with the same 0.5 fl oz of product.


The texture of this clear coat is very good. It's thin enough to place under and on top of nail polishes without it looking clumpy or thick. The consistency isn't thick, and is on the thin side.


As a base coat, it works very well. I have experienced no staining on my nails. For reference, I typically use 2 coats of a nail polish over a base coat.


As a top coat, it's horrible! I experienced chipping after 3 days with nail polishes I can get 4 or 5 days without serious chipping normally. It's too thin to be a decent top coat. And, I find the color transfer and drags across the nail, so when I was using a dark color over a light color, the dark would drag cross the lighter shade and make a mess.


Another big gripe I have with this clear coat is with its ability as a nail strengthener. I found this actually made my nails more sensitive and brittle. I experienced peeling on my nails when I was removing my nail polish. For that reason, I will not repurchase this clear coat, but I will use it up.



Overall, I do not recommend this base and top coat. There are much better options for a lot less. I hate is a top coat and a strengthener. And $13 for a base coat is ridiculous.


LEAVE IT!
2/5





Comments