January 2016 Beauty Favorites


January 2016 Beauty Favorites


The first month of the new year is already gone, and this month has been rough for my skin. Word of advise, don't consume too much sugar, what you eat directly affects your skin. 


With that in mind, here are some favorites for the month of January. The majority are new products, but I will link all of my reviews to each product below.


Let's get started!




Physicians Formula Organic Wear Work It! Marathonista Tinted Moisturizer 

$14.99 (1.2 oz)
Ulta, Drugstores


Physicians Formula launched 2 new products to their Organic Wear line, a mascara and this tinted moisturizer.


Despite only having two shades available, the "Light" shade is adaptable for those with fairly light to light skin tones, and "Light/Medium" is adaptable for those with medium skin tones.


I absolutely love the dewy finish this gives to the skin, and it provides a light coverage that evens out the skin tone. This is ideal for those with normal to dry skin who like a natural look, and if you have oily skin, you can still wear this with a mattifying powder on top. And, if you liked the original Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer, this one has even better staying power and no herbal scent.



Physicians Formula Organic Wear Work It! Tinted Moisturizer




NYX Blotting Powder

$11.99 (0.29 oz)
Ulta, NYX Website
Review


I have had this powder in my collection for quite a while, but I've fallen in love with it all over again this month as a way to bring down the shine and set the dewy foundations and tinted moisturizers I've been wearing.


This powder comes in 4 shades. This powder has a soft texture and looks natural on the skin. If you've been looking for a good matte setting powder, try this one. It's perfect for normal to oily skin types. Also, this is a great paraben-free alternative to the hyped Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.



NYX Blotting Powder in "Light"




Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder in "Dusk Reflection"

$25 (0.35 oz)
Honest Beauty Website
Review


My first item from the Honest Beauty line is this Luminizing Powder in "Dusk Reflection".


I use the darkest shade because it works perfectly as a bronzer on my fair skin. The powder is a soft texture that blends in easily on the skin. The color is the perfectly slightly pink toned brown with a soft sheen that will suit those with fair to medium skin tones, and works as a subtle highlight for those with deep skintones.


If you've been looking into the Honest Beauty products, I highly recommend giving this one a try.



Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder in "Dusk Reflection"




Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength

$45 (2.0 oz)
Ulta, Juice Beauty Website
Review



I have talked about this facial peel time and time again, I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing about it, so I'll be brief.


My skin, specifically my jawline, was ravaged with acne this month. Sugar guys, it's the enemy. I made sure to use this peel every chance I could to minimize the scarring, and help heal the acne faster.


I recommend this peel for anyone with acne, discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles, that needs an intense peel or exfoliator in their routine. If you have sensitive skin, try their Green Apple Peel Sensitive, this is not recommended for sensitive skin.



Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength




Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Cleanser

$19.50 (6.7 fl oz)
Ulta, Vichy Website
Review


This last product is a relatively new product, and one that I didn't want to love but absolutely do!


This all in one cleanser has been my savior this month for helping with my breakouts. It cleanses my skin without stripping it of it's natural oils, and actually makes my skin feel healthier and softer after each use.


There is a nice rose scent to this cleanser that makes it feel so luxurious. If you've been looking for a new cleanser to have as back-up, travel, anything, I think you will really love this. It will cleanse your skin and help remove any excess makeup that may be stuck in your pores. Try it once and you'll be hooked.



Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Cleanser





What did you guys love this month!? I'll be posting several "How To" posts this month that are centered around Green Beauty, let me know how you guys like them! Hope your New Year is off to a fantastic start!





Comments