May Beauty Favorites | Cruelty Free


May Beauty Favorites


A quick monthly favorites today. Spring is on it's way out and Summer is on it's way! June is usually my favorite month of the year, sunshine---low humidity---and time outside.


This month's favorite's are all Cruelty-Free, and are perfect for the upcoming hot weather! Now and in future posts, I'll be including whether a product is Cruelty-Free (CF) or Vegan (V).


Let's get into my May Beauty Favorites!




Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil

$3.99
Walgreens, K-Mart, Jordana Website
CF


Having hooded eyes means one thing, my eyeshadow WILL CREASE. An eyeshadow primer is a staple in my routine, but lately it hasn't been enough. Cue this cream shadow from Jordana!


The 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencils are true to their name, they last all day and help eyeshadows stick and adhere to the skin so my eye-look lasts all day. I have the shade, "Eternal White", a flat matte white.


I apply this after priming my eyelids with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then pat the white out with my finger to get an even application. Then I'll apply whatever powder eyeshadow I'm wearing for the day---the look stays flawless for 12 hours. "Eternal White" is the perfect matte white for anyone with fair to light skin tones looking for a cream color base for their eyeshadows!



Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil





Silk Naturals Highlight Powder in "Fluff"

$4.50
Silk Naturals Website
Review
CF, V


Typically I hate loose powders, but this Highlight Powder from Silk Naturals in the shade "Fluff", makes me completely forget that it's in a loose form.


I have been searching and searching for a natural highlighter that isn't subtle. Intense highlighters, I'm talking the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfectors, Anastasia Glow Kits, are my everyday kind of glow. So when I saw swatches of the new Silk Naturals Highlight Powders, I may have squealed like a little girl, maybe.


"Fluff" is a beautiful light pink with a slight gold reflect that adds a high shine to the tops of your cheekbones. You could even apply this as a blush topper if you have fair skin. The color appears darker when swatched than it does when applied with a brush to the face.


This is definitely staying around for the Summer! While you don't get a ton of product, I can justify buying 2 pots if you know you love to use highlighter on a daily basis.



Silk Naturals Highlight Powder in "Fluff"


Silk Naturals Highlight Powder in "Fluff"





Alima Pure Pressed Foundation

$22
Alima Pure Website, The Detox Market
Review
CF, V


If you have oily skin, you know the Summer's heat and humidity is basically enemy #1. Nothing stays on my skin longer than 5 hours, and after that my skin looks like you could fry an egg on it. The only solution, a powder foundation.


I went on a mission to find a powder foundation with clean ingredients that was not a loose powder. It is surprisingly difficult---but Alima Pure has done it, and done it in a refill option no less! The refill is available in 11 shades, I wear the shade "Aspen".


This pressed powder offers a medium buildable coverage with a flat matte finish. I absolutely adore this foundation for long, 12 hour work days. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it wears beautifully alone or over a liquid foundation.


The only downside, I use up the entire pan very quickly---about every 2 months---ouch.



Alima Pure Pressed Foundation in "Aspen"





Pacifica Dream Big Lash Extending 7 in 1 Mascara

$15.99
Ulta, Target, Pacifica Website
Review
CF, V


You guys may remember I featured the Pacifica Dream Big Lash Extending Mascara in my March Favorites, well it's back again!


If you've been looking for a go-to mascara that will not clump, flake, or smudge, but also has good ingredients, then you need to check this out. I could go on and on about how much I need this mascara in my life---that is not an exaggeration---but you can check out my review for all of that.


This is not for someone who likes big, fat, clumpy looking lashes---I"m talking about you Too Faced Better Than Sex---this is for the ones who like a little bit of length, a little volume, and all-day wear.


This has been the only non-waterproof mascara, natural or not, that holds a curl and wears beautifully throughout the day without any sign of wear. I am going to be wearing the heck out of this mascara over the Summer.



Pacifica Dream Big Lash Extending 7 in 1 Mascara





Comments