June Beauty Favorites | Cruelty-Free


June Beauty Favorites | Cruelty-Free


The Summer is officially half over---July is already here! This past month, I was dedicating my daily routine to skincare and improving the appearance of my skin. 


My makeup routine was very minimal this month. If you're someone who prefers an easy or basic makeup routine, you're going to enjoy this!


Let's get in to my June Beauty Favorites!




Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50 +

$10.99 (3 oz)
CF, V


Sunscreen is a necessity for everyday. But for Summer, when the suns' rays are strongest and we're spending hours outside and on the beach, we need a higher SPF.


While most traditional sunscreens contain harmful and toxic ingredients (chemical sunscreens actually absorb the UV rays and just change it, once in the body), the Thinkbaby is a physical and non-toxic sunscreen that actually works at protecting your skin from the suns' harmful rays and prevent sunburn.


When I was at the beach for 2 hours, I loaded this up on my body---no burns, just the tiniest bit of a tan. This will need to be reapplied after about 4 to 5 hours to prevent sun burn. I made the mistake of not re-applying this product mid-day and after over 8 hours in the sun, I had sun burn on my shoulders.


This product smells AMAZING---not the traditional sunscreen smell---it WORKS---and it is NON-TOXIC! EWG rates this baby a 1!



Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50 +






$2.99 (0.15 oz)
CF


Just like the skin on your face and body, it is important to keep the skin on your lips moisturized. 


Dr. Bronner offers an entire line of Organic Lip Balms, I always purchase the non-scented "Naked" formula. It has a soft and creamy consistency, and leave my lips feeling moisturized and nourished for hours.


This product does contain organic beeswax, so it is not Vegan, nor does this contain any SPF. If you guys have a favorite organic lip balm that contains an SPF and is Vegan, please leave it in the comments below!



Dr. Bronner Naked Organic Lip Balm







$24 (0.23 oz)
CF, V


Keeping it minimal with the face makeup this month, I skipped the concealer and foundation and went for this powder on a day to day basis.


The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores is a loose translucent powder that helps diminish the look of pores and texture on the skin. When I buff this powder into my skin with a dense powder brush, it takes away all of the excess oil and creates an airbrushed matte look.


For anyone looking for a powder to help reduce the appearance of uneven texture, pores, create a matte look to the skin, and prevent product from settling into fine lines, this is a great option! The only downside is that is can be a bit messy to work with.



It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores







$18 (0.053 oz)
CF, V


Non-toxic pressed eyeshadows can be hard to come by, and finding a matte finish is even more rare. This MATTE cool toned dark brown from Red Apple Lipstick has been my go-to color for every eye look I have created this month!


Whether it's in the outer-v of my eye socket, smudged on the lower lash line, or in the arch of my eyebrow, this color is always used in some aspect of my look. The color is pigmented, builds easily, and is free off all toxic ingredients, and if you're in need of a gluten free formula, Red Apple Lipstick is for you.


I highly recommend pairing this formula with an eyeshadow primer and cream base for the longest wear time. 





Red Apple Lipstick Eyeshadow in "Espresso"


Red Apple Lipstick in "Espresso"






$8.99 (0.045 oz)
CF, V


Since purchasing this product not even a month ago, I have been wearing it almost every day. If you're a pale princess like I am, finding a light enough eyeshadow color for allover the lid can be difficult---but Honeybee Gardens did it!


"Porcelain" is a very light pale pink. It is the ideal pale shade for my fair neutral complexion. The consistency reminds me of the Red Apple Lipstick Eyeshadows, but they have better pigmentation and apply easier to the skin.


It does kick up a bit of powder, and like most natural eyeshadows, I recommend pairing this with an eyeshadow primer and cream base to achieve the longest wear time.



Honeybee Gardens Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in "Porcelain"


Honeybee Gardens Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in "Porcelain"







$25 (1 fl oz)
CF, V


While I have not had this eye cream very long, I am already in love with it! This formula claims to help reduce the appearance of under-eye puffiness and darkness, while the rosehip oil will nourish the skin.


I can say for certain it does help decrease under-eye puffiness, and being that I do not have under-eye darkness, I cannot say if it lives up to that claim.


Unlike other natural eye creams that I have tried, this formula is not thin, difficult to blend, or have an off smell. I am very impressed with this eye cream and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't need intense anti-aging or anti-wrinkle benefits.



100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream 





Comments