My Non-Toxic Eyeshadows + Recommendations




I gathered up my Non-Toxic Eyeshadow singles for you guys today to let you know what are my go-to's, which ones I would pass on, and what brands I will be trying in the near future.


Every product I mention here is Cruelty-Free and Vegan!


Let's get into it!





Let's start with the most affordable.





$4.50 


These loose powder eyeshadows from Silk Naturals are available in a multitude of shades and finishes. I greatly appreciate that Silk Naturals took the time to dupe many conventional palettes and eyeshadow colors from Urban Decay and MAC in their collection.


However, while the shadows have excellent pigmentation when I swatch them with a finger, the colors become muddied and less intense when applied onto the eye. I apply primer and a cream base prior, so I know it's not that. 


The main reason I will not be purchasing these (the shades seen below were free Gifts with Purchase) is their staying power. No matter what primer I try, they crease faster than any other pressed shadow I have ever tried. I do have very oily eyelids, so if you don't have oily eyelids, then I say give these a try. 



Silk Naturals "Spooky"


"Silk Naturals Spooky"


Silk Naturals "Y'All"


Silk Naturals "Y'All"






$8.99 (Review)


A pale baby pink, "Porcelain" is the lightest shade in my collection. I like to use this all over my eyelid to brighten up the lid. 


This shade in terms of texture is slightly powdery and thinner in consistency than the other shades in the line. 


I recommend pairing this shade with a primer and base to achieve all day wear. It is no the best shade from Honeybee Gardens, but definitely not the worst in my collection. I would recommend this shade for those with fair to light skin tones.



Honeybee Gardens "Porcelain"


Honeybee Gardens "Porcelain"






$8.99 (Review)


One of my favorite eyeshadows in my collection, "Daredevil" is a gorgeous deep burgundy with satin finish.


I have been loving this shade for the Fall as a dark transition color in my crease. The formula of this shade is soft, pigmented, and very easy to blend and apply to the eye.


If you pick up any of the Honeybee Gardens Shadows, let it be this.



Honeybee Gardens "Daredevil"


Honeybee Gardens "Daredevil"






$8.99 (Review)


My go to and must have crease shade, "Canterbury" is a beautiful muted mauve brown with matte finish. 


This shade a little dustier of formula, but it has a soft consistency with even pigmentation that is very easy to blend out.


This shade is going to be a fantastic crease color for those with fair to light skin tones and is one of the best performing eyeshadows in my collection. It is definitely another shade from Honeybee Gardens that is a must have.



Honeybee Gardens "Canterbury"


Honeybee Gardens "Canterbury"






$11 (Review)


One of Zuzu Luxe's most recent product launches, their single eyeshadow Pan refills are available in a large variety of shades and finishes.


"Hourglass" is your typical light sand beige with matte finish. I actually meant to order the shade "Alias", a light cool toned brown, my mistake. This shade a slightly powdery texture, but has good pigmentation, blends out easily, and doesn't apply patchy or uneven.


The shade is a good option for blending out other eyeshadows, but the color is not a must have. I will be purchasing darker shades and other finishes to let you know how the rest of the line performs.



Zuzu Luxe "Hourglass"


Zuzu Luxe "Hourglass"






$18.75 (Review)


One of my least favorite eyeshadows in my collection, "Porcelain" is a light ivory beige with matte finish. 


This shade is pressed very firmly into the pan, making it difficult to pick up pigmentation and achieve even opacity. I have to go back into this shade many many times to achieve any color payoff. The longevity is also very poor, even when worth with a primer and base.


I would not recommend this shade to anyone. That goes for all of the shimmer and metallic Red Apple Lipstick Eyeshadow as well, they do not apply well or stick to the skin.



Red Apple Lipstick "Porcelain"


Red Apple Lipstick "Porcelain"






$18.75 (Review)


Unlike the shimmer shades, "Espresso" is a dark cool toned brown with matte finish. I love this shade for applying into the outer corner of my eyes and as an eyebrow powder.


This shade has excellent pigmentation and lasts well on the eye when worn with a primer. I find that this shade is quite buildable in terms of pigmentation. 


Out of all of the Red Apple Lipstick Eyeshadows I have tried, "Espresso" is my favorite and is one I would recommend to anyone looking for good matte eyeshadows. 



Red Apple Lipstick "Espresso"


Red Apple Lipstick "Espresso"






$18.75 (Review)


The lone black eyeshadow in my collection, "Black Magic" is a black with matte finish. While this shade is black, even built up, it is not the most intense or deep black I have come across.


When applied to the eyes, it comes across as more of a deep charcoal. The pigmentation is very good and applies evenly, just know that the color does not come across as dark as it does in the swatches. This shade does crease and fade slightly on me, even worn with a primer. 


If you're looking for a basic black, this is a good option, however I will not be re-purchasing as I will continue looking for a darker more intense black for my smokey eye looks.



Red Apple Lipstick "Black Magic"


Red Apple Lipstick "Black Magic"





I hope to get my hands on new single shadows from Glory Boon and Zuzu Luxe very soon. Both brands are very affordable as well as Vegan and Cruelty-Free!





Comments