Makeup & Beauty Empties!



It's time for empties again! I have quite a few this time, many of them deluxe sample sizes. I've been trying many new skincare items and using up some staple items in my routine. 


Let's get in to what items I would and would not re-purchase. Here are my thoughts and mini reviews! 




Ulta Classic Moisturizing Body Lotion

This moisturizer from the Ulta brand is in the scent Vanilla Sugar. The moisturizer itself it very thin in texture but blends into the skin very easily. However, I did need to use quite a lot of product to get the moisture I needed. The moisturizer provided about 24 hours of hydration for me. This retails for $9.50 (10 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will not re-purchase. 


Ulta Vanilla Sugar Moisturizing Body Lotion



Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover

My go-to for removing my makeup at night is this cleanser plus makeup remover from Neutrogena. The ingredients are 86% naturally derived and doesn't cause any excess irritation or breakouts! I love that this remover can take off even my most long-wearing foundations, but doesn't dry out my skin. This retails for $7.99 (6 oz) in-store and online at Ulta and mass retailers.

Will re-purchase.


Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover
Neutrogena Naturals



LaVanila Healthy Deodorant in "Pure Vanilla" 

I have done away with traditional deodorants in favor of aluminum free options. This deodorant from LaVanila is very popular. This scent is very floral, which I don't care for. My favorite scent is "Vanilla Coconut". It's ability to control odor is decent, about 3 to 4 hours. Full review HERE. This retails for $14 (2 oz) in-store and online at Sephora and the LaVanila Website.

Will not re-purchase.



The Healthy Deodorant in "Pure Vanilla"
LaVanila



Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo

This sulfate free shampoo from Carol's Daughter has the most pleasant smell! It's hard to describe, but it's like a warm summery coconut scent. It felt heavy when I washed my hair, but didn't leave any residue in my hair or make it look oily or dry. It did nothing for my frizziness. As far as repairing, it did a good job preventing and treating split ends and damaged hair.  The full size retails for $20 (8.5 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will not re-purchase.


Monoi Repairing Shampoo
Carol's Daughter



StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum

This serum StriVectin claims to brighten and illuminate the complexion by lightening darkness and spots. I did see an improvement in my uneven complexion and dark spots. I didn't see any illuminating or radiant improvement in my complexion. But it is paraben-free, and did not break me out. However, I prefer the Exuviance OptiLight 6 Serum. Full review HERE. The full size retails for $89 (1 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will not re-purchase.


Intensive Illuminating Serum
StriVectin



Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer

This facial moisturizer from Perricone MD has been a favorite for a long time. It blends very easily into the skin without irritating or breaking out my skin. The only down side I have with it is that there is no SPF and there is a floral fragrance scent to it. If you need an everyday moisturizer without SPF, pick this one up! The full size retails for $69 (2 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will not re-purchase. 


Face Finishing Moisturizer
Perricone MD



Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

This eye cream from Algenist is formulated  with Alguronic Acid to help prevent and treat signs of aging. The texture is very creamy and blends easily into the skin. And what I love most, it does not irritate or cause my eyes to water! I have seen improvement in fine lines and dryness around my eyes since starting to use this produce. The full size retails for $65 (0.5 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will re-purchase.


Complete Eye Renewal Balm
Algenist



Smashbox Original Photo Finish Face Primer 

One of the most well-known primers, the Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer has a very silicone texture and feel to it. It does help blur the look of pores and help make your makeup apply easier and last longer throughout the day. It did not any irritation or break outs to my skin. Definitely a great face primer to have for almost any skin type. The full size retails for $36 (1 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will re-purchase.



Original Photo Finish Face Primer
Smashbox



Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation 

This matte foundation from Rimmel is still relatively new to the drugstore. The texture, like the name suggests, is very moussey and thick. If you have any pores, this will only emphasize them. I would only recommend this foundation to those with oily skin. Otherwise it will only look heavy and dry on the skin. It does help control oil throughout the day and lasts for about 7 to 8 hours before showing wear. The ingredients aren't the best, and the new L'Oreal Pro-Matte foundation has become my new holy-grail drugstore foundation. Full review HERE. This retails for $4.99 in-store and online at Ulta

Will not re-purchase.



Stay Matte Mousse Foundation
Rimmel London



bareMinerals Original Mineral Veil 

This deluxe sample size of the iconic Mineral Veil from bareMinerals has become my favorite powder for setting my under eye concealer. It doesn't emphasize fine lines or look heavy under the eye. There is no added fragrance or ingredients that irritated or break out my skin. Definitely a must have for anyone's skin type. The full size retails for $21 (o.3 oz) in-store and online at Ulta.

Will re-purchase.



bareMinerals Original Mineral Veil



Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Correcting Powder

I bought  this off of the recommendation of thataylaa, who raves about this product for highlighting the under eye for those of us with fair skin. And she's right! The shade "Translucent" is almost white and is light enough to create a contoured affect on the face. And the ingredients are non-toxic and do not cause me to break out. Full review HERE. This retails for $13.99 in-store and online at Ulta.

Will re-purchase.


Mineral Wear Talc-Free Correcting Powder
Physicians Formula



L'Oreal False Fiber Waterproof Mascara

I spoke about this mascara in my 2014 Yearly Favorites, and I still love it! Think the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara only better! This drugstore mascara provides length to my very short lashes without those pesky false fibers getting into my eyes or flaking off during the day. I use the waterproof formula and it holds a curl all day. Full review HERE. This retails for $8.99 in-store and online at Ulta.

Will re-purchase.


False Fiber Lashes Waterproof Mascara
L'Oreal

Comments