4th of July Manicure Featuring OPI

4th of July Manicure


For those of us in the United States, this Friday is the 4th of July, Independence Day! So to help celebrate, here is a manicure I've come up with inspired by the holiday featuring OPI nail polishes.


For those of you who aren't familiar, this is a reverse tip french manicure. This look is super simple and doesn't require any nail art or tools, just 3 colors and your favorite glitter polish!


Let's get started!





(Lto R) Sephora by OPI "Spark-Tacular!", OPI "Got The Blues For Red", 
OPI "Bubble Bath", OPI "Incognito In Sausalito"



Step 1: As always, take your favorite base coat and apply that evenly to your nails. Let it dry.


Step 2: Take a light neutral pinky beige, in my case, OPI's "Bubble Bath", a full review can be found HERE, and paint each nail this color. Repeat this step after nails are dry for an even and more opaque 2 coats.


Step 3: Take a deep red, I prefer a darker red than a bright red, but it is entirely up to you, and paint just the tips of your nails this color. This may be a little difficult and requires a steady hand, but just go slowly and you should be fine. Just one coat is enough. In my case, I used OPI's "Got The Blues For Red", a full review can be found HERE.


Step 4: Then take a dark blue, I prefer dark to a light blue as it goes better with the red, and as an accent nail, apply one coat of the blue polish to your ring finger (the finger next to your pinky). As we already have the ring finger painted with the neutral pink shade, one coat of the blue will be fine. In my case, I used OPI's "Incognito In Sausalito", a full review can be found HERE.

**You can choose to paint just one ring finger blue like I did, or you can paint both, it is entirely up to you!


Step 5: Next take any glitter polish, in my case the Sephora by OPI in "Spark-Tacular!", and paint your newly painted blue ring finger with one coat of glitter polish. Any glitter will do the trick, just try and pick something that will be bright enough to show up against the dark blue nail polish.







Step 6: Let your nails dry for a good 3 to 4 minutes. Then apply your favorite top coat to seal in the colors, add a glossy shine to the nails, and prevent your beautiful manicure from chipping!





Hope you guys liked my manicure! I would love to see if you guys tried this look, leave me a note or picture in the comments if you did!



Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!






Comments