Green Beauty | Fails


Green Beauty Fails


I covered my favorites for the month of June, now let's talk about some products that were complete fails for me. Many of these products were not necessarily bad quality, they just didn't work for me and my skin type.


Let's get in to my Green Beauty Fails!





$15
Review
CF, Some Shades Vegan


Many green beauty bloggers have raved about the Jane Iredale lip liners---how pigmented, soft, and creamy they are. I found them to be very dry, crumbly, and worst of all---they caused me to break out around my mouth area.


While I enjoyed the pencil for increasing longevity of some of my lip products, the sub par formula and the negative outcome resulting in acne just killed this pencil for me. If any of you have a non-toxic lip liner that you believe is soft and pigmented in formula that you would recommend, please leave it in the comments!



Jane Iredale Lip Pencil






$40
Review
CF


Another much loved and much hyped about product in the green beauty community is this foundation from Kjaer Weis.


This foundation is CCPB Certified Organic and is probably the creamiest foundation I have ever worked with. While I did give this product a positive review, and I still stand by that review, on me, this product was a dud.


For someone with very oily, acne prone, and very textured skin, this product is not for you. Upon initial application, it looked gorgeous. It has a beautiful satin finish and it glides across the skin beautifully. BUT---after 4 hours, the foundation starts to break apart, settle into fine lines, pores, and start to look---frankly---disgusting on my skin.


If you have a normal to dry skin type, and your skin doesn't have acne or uneven texture, you will probably love this foundation! But for me and my oily mess, it's a miss.



Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation Refill


Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation Refill in "Lightness"






$11.99
CF, V


Along the lines of the Kjaer Weis Foundation, I experienced problems with the HD Cream Foundation from Silk Naturals.


While this cream foundation is more affordable than the Kjaer Weis, the consistency of this foundation was much thinner, which actually made it better for my oily skin. But like the Kjaer Weis, I required a lot of product to build up the coverage, and after about 5 hours the foundation began settling into fine lines, pores, and caused my face to look greasy.


This product did not apply easily to the skin and is prone to streaking and looking patchy. I recommend working in thin layers if you decide to purchase this. Lesson learned, cream foundations are not a oily girl's friend.



Silk Naturals HD Cream Foundation


Silk Naturals HD Cream Foundation in N10






$28
Review
CF, V


Eyeliner is a lot like mascara, it performs differently on just about everyone. However, this gel eyeliner from Jane Iredale, was a complete let down!


The consistency was very creamy, soft, and highly pigmented. But that is where the positive ends. Upon applying this to my waterline, within hours the liner had transferred to the outside corners of my eyes and started to bleed down to my face.


It was not a pretty look. I even attempted to set it with a black eyeshadow, hoping that it would prevent the transfer, nope. It produced the same result. To be fair, I have a hard time finding any gel eyeliner that won't transfer on my waterline. The only one that I have found that doesn't is the It Cosmetics Liner Love Waterproof Anti-Aging Creme Gel Eyeliner. That liner does not budge!


The hunt is still on for a no-transfer gel eyeliner!



Jane Iredale Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner






$35
Review
CF, V


This last product is a skincare fail. The Green Tea Oil Fee Moisturizer from 100% Pure was one of the first green beauty products I had ever purchased.


100% Pure touts itself on being 100% Natural and using plant and fruit extracts to enhance their products. While that is all fine and dandy, this moisturizer is basically one step above water in terms of consistency and it is impossible to work with!


As I previously stated, the consistency is highly watery, the white cast from the SPF does not blend into the skin, and it emphasizes every pore, textured patch, and acne mark I have on my skin. I'll say this once, if you have OILY skin, this will make an excellent sunscreen, but not as a moisturizer. If yo suffer from any sort of acne, stay far away from this product, unless you actually want to emphasize your pimple and flaking skin.



100% Pure Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer


100% Pure Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer





So there are some of the green beauty products that I have tried and will definitely not be re-purchasing! What are some products you have tried that were duds? Leave it in the comments!




 

Comments