My Organic Foundations + Recommendations




There is a stereotype about Green Beauty lovers and "Hippies"---as my brother often calls me---that we either don't wear foundation or that we wear tinted moisturizers without any coverage and call it good.


WRONG


I love full coverage and I love matte. Both of which are not very common in the Green Beauty world. 


Here are my current Organic Foundations---liquids, creams, and powders. I will also include some foundations I have tried in the past but no longer have in my collection.


As always, every product I mention is Cruelty-Free.


Let's get started!







One of the original organic cosmetic products available at the drugstore, the Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer is a liquid consistency that offers sheer coverage and dewy finish.


Available in 3 shades, this Tinted Moisturizer has a very herbal smell and just average staying power. I find the new Organic Wear Marathonista Tinted Moisturizer has better coverage and staying power.


I would recommend this for normal to dry skin types who are just getting in to green beauty and need barely there coverage. I will not be re-purchasing.


I wear the shade "Fair to Light".



Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer "Fair to Light"






$15 (Review)



Physicians Formula's newest Organic Wear formula, this tinted moisturizer is a hydrating creamy liquid that offers light coverage and dewy finish.


Available in only two shades, this Tinted Moisturizer is one the longest wearing formulas in my collection. Despite the lack of shades, this looks beautiful on the skin and does not emphasize texture or imperfections. I would recommend this for all skin types.


I wear the shade "Light".



Organic Wear Marathonista Tinted Moisturizer "Light"






$22-34 (Review)


My go-to powder foundation, the Alima Pure Pressed Foundation offers medium coverage and matte finish.


For those (like me) who prefer a pressed formula, this formula is going to be your best friend. It lasts well throughout the day, does not feel heavy, and has buildable coverage. I like to use this powder with a fluffy brush to set my liquid foundations and achieve a full coverage look that lasts all day.


I recommend this for normal to oily skin types.


I wear the shade "Aspen".



Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex "Aspen"





Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation 

$40-68 (Review)


A Green Beauty Cult Favorite, the Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation offers high medium coverage and dewy finish. A refill option is available for $40 and makes the foundation more affordable.


The formula is very emollient and blends very nicely into the skin. However, as someone with very oily textured skin and acne, this did not agree with me. The foundation emphasized every imperfection and did not wear well after 5 hours.


For quick makeup days when I want a beautiful dewy finish, this is perfect, but for day-to-day wear, nope. This is ideal for normal skin types. I would not recommend it for oily or dry skin types.


I wear the shade "Lightness".



Cream Foundation Refill "Aspen"






$45 (Review)


My go-to everyday foundation, the 100% Pure Healthy Foundation offers medium buildable coverage and matte finish.


Keeping oil at bay, this foundation lasts throughout the day and does not break apart or separate. I recommend applying this foundation with a dense buffing brush. This foundation is ideal for those with oily skin. I would not recommend this for normal to dry skin types.


I wear the shade "Creme".



Healthy Foundation "Creme"




Next are some organic foundations I have tried but are no longer in my collection.



Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation

$28 (Review)


The best-selling loose powder formula from Alima Pure offers a solid medium coverage and natural finish for just about every skin type and tone.


Available in 45 shades, this foundation lasts well on the skin and does not look heavy, cakey, or wear off unevenly throughout the day. Ideal for normal to oily skin types, I definitely recommend this foundation for anyone in the market for a loose powder foundation.


I wear the shade "Neutral 1".



Satin Matte Foundation "Neutral 1"






$42 (Review)


The newest foundation from Alima Pure is a very lightweight liquid mousse formula. The foundation offers light coverage and satin finish.


While I appreciate the 10 shades, this formula performed similar to a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer---hydrating but not long-wearing or enough coverage. It is ideal for normal to dry skin types. For $42, I will not be purchasing the full size.


I wear the shade "Dew".



Liquid Silk Foundation





Silk Naturals HD Cream Foundation

$11.99 (Review)


This cream foundation has a large shade selection and has very clean ingredients. The formula offers light to medium coverage and natural---slightly dewy---finish.


This settled into my fine lines and emphasized my skin's texture and imperfections. I found this difficult to apply and it did not wear well on my oily skin. I would not recommend this for any skin type.


I wear the shade "N10".



HD Cream Foundation "N10"





Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

$16 (Review)


A lightweight creamy formula that offers sheer coverage and luminous finish. Ideal for normal skin types and light to medium skin tones looking for a luminous glow with barely there coverage.


Only available in one shade, the finish, coverage, and longevity was not great for my oily and acne prone skin. I will not be purchasing the full size.



Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream




Have you guys tried any of these foundations? What did you think? And what are some Non-Toxic foundations that you think I should try next!





Comments